MA in TESOL (Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages)
This programme designed for those new to teaching English and teachers with experience who wish to develop particular skill areas.
Course Code / Duration
One year (12 months), full-time
- A good first degree
- A commitment to a career in TESOL
- IELTS 6.5 or equivalent (for English L2 applicants)
The core modules focus on:
- Language learning and teaching
- Pedagogical description and analysis of English
- Research skills for TESOL professionals
Optional modules focus on specialist areas in TESOL, such as:
- Materials and task design in TESOL
- Language testing and assessment
- Managing change in TESOL
Free choice modules
- In addition, there will be opportunities for individual study modules, based on interests of and opportunities for learning available to students.
The final stage of the MA is a research dissertation or professional portfolio.