- Degree - Minimum of 2:1 (or equivalent) although a 2.2 will be considered.
- GCSE Grade C or above for English and Mathematics (Please note that Level 2 Key Skills in Application of Numbers and Communication or Certificates in Adult Literacy or Numeracy, are not sufficient to meet the entry requirements to a PGCE programme).
- Have passed the literacy/numeracy skills tests.
- Fluent in written and spoken English (C1 or C2 level) if non-native speaker of English.
- Experience of working with young people.
General Entry Requirements
In addition to the specific course entry requirements, all PGCE applicants will need to meet the following:
- Recent secondary school classroom observation experience.
- To be able to clearly and accurately communicate both spoken and written English.
- Candidates must take part in individual and group interviews with representatives from schools as well as University tutors.
You will be required to:
- Provide a satisfactory DBS (Disclosure and Barring Service), Enhanced Disclosure, related to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 and the Joint Circular ‘Protection of Children’.
- Meet the Secretary of State’s requirements for physical and mental fitness to teach as detailed in ‘Fit to Teach’ by completing an on-line medical questionnaire.