All modules are compulsory:
- Inclusion & the primary classroom: Managing difference
- Understanding the child: a personalised approach to children’s learning
- Developing a philosophy of learning & teaching across the primary curriculum
- Final teaching practice
Our teaching graduates are highly sought after locally, nationally and internationally:
- Over 90% employed in teaching jobs – above the sector and region average.
- 64% of NQTs employed by Plymouth City Council last year were from Marjon – Marjon trainees were seven times more likely to be employed than any other named provider.
- High quality training and outcomes – 98% of primary PGCE trainees completing in 2014 were graded good or outstanding.
- Wide range of placement opportunities across a broad partnership.
- Long and established history of teacher education – 175 years of experience.
- Partnership – wide and diverse – praised by Ofsted (2014) – ‘effective use of local diversity and wider links which ensures trainees have breadth and variety in their training, so making them highly employable’.
Throughout the Primary PGCE, you’ll be guided and supported by a team of experts with a huge range of experience in primary education spanning the past few decades. You can be confident that each of our PGCE course leaders will reflect your own enthusiasm for teaching, and encourage you to be the best.