1. Can I still submit my application for consideration if I have missed the closing date for a vacancy?
Any late applications received will be marked as late, and it will be down to the individual recruiting manager as to whether the application is considered.
2. I want to apply for more than one position – do I need to submit an application form for each post?
Yes, and you will need to clearly state which post you are applying for on each application form.
3. How soon can I expect to hear the outcome of my application?
Shortlisting can take some time, and can vary from post to post, however we hope to let successful candidates know as soon as possible.
4. How do I know you have received my application?
Due to the high number of applications we receive, we generally do not acknowledge receipt of applications; however you are welcome to email the HR Team on firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone on (01752) 636844 to check your application has been received.
5. I don’t have access to the internet - how do I apply?
We like to encourage applications by email where possible. The internet can be accessed for free at many locations including libraries and the Job Centre. However, if you would prefer to complete a postal application please contact the HR Team on (01752) 636844 and an application pack to be sent to you.
6. I have completed an electronic application form, but I am unable to sign the declaration section at the end – what do I do?
By submitting your application by email, it is assumed that you are agreeing to the declaration sections.
7. I cannot make the date/time of the interview – is it possible to re-arrange?
Please let the HR Team know as soon as possible if you are not able to attend your interview. If the time of your interview is not convenient for you we may be able to rearrange for another time that day. If you are unable to make the date of your interview, due to the other commitments of the panel, we would have difficulty in rescheduling for another date. Therefore, if you are unable to make the date of the interview, your application would only be reconsidered if we are unable to appoint on the original interview date.
8. When will references be taken up?
It is standard practice for the University College to contact referees after shortlisting, and prior to interview. However please note referees, one of whom must be your most recent line manager, will only be contacted if you have given consent via your application form.
If, once you are appointed, your referee/s fail to respond you will be asked to either contact them yourself requesting that they respond, or provide us with an alternative referee/s.
9. How do I get feedback if I have not been shortlisted?
Due to the high volume of applications received regrettably we can only provide feedback for those candidates who have been interviewed.