Information for New Students
Congratulations on accepting a place with the University of St Mark & St John!
We have put together some information to help you as a new student.
Things to do
If you have been asked to complete a Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS formerly CRB) check and/or the on-line health questionnaire, please ensure that this is done by the deadline that you have been given.
If you are holding a Conditional offer, we will automatically receive ‘A’ level and BTEC results. For other results, please make sure that you send us official notification. These can be photocopied but not scanned or printed off the internet.
If we have asked you to send us verification of existing qualifications, please send these to the Admissions Office before 31st July.
If you are holding an Insurance place, you do not need to contact us unless your place is not confirmed by your firm choice institution.
Richard Huish College students, please click here.
Further information regarding registration and your induction timetable will be sent to you in August. However, please click on the links below to access the information that you need now:
- Term & Semester Dates 2012-13
- University Approved Accommodation - LATEST NEWS! YOU CAN NOW APPLY FOR ACCOMMODATION WITH A CONDITIONAL OFFER!
- Reading Lists
- Pre-course tasks
- Kit lists for Sports courses
- Questionnaire for Sports Courses
- Sports Centre Membership for students
- Professional Skills Tests
- Terms and Conditions
- Induction and Registration Timetables are available when you complete your on-line enrolment
- Click here for details about our new free Induction App!
- Student Travel and Car Parking (you can apply on-line when you complete your on-line enrolment)
- Timetables will be available from September
Are you a prospective student with a disability, medical condition or SpLD? If so, we would like to assist you in accessing any support to which you are entitled to ease your transition into higher education. For a confidential discussion, please contact the Disability Advice and Support Service (DASS) as soon as possible. DASS can be reached via
or by telephone: +44 (0) 01752 636833
Further information about DASS can be found by clicking here.
We look forward to meeting you in September, but if you have any queries regarding this information, please do not hesitate to contact us.