Top 5 tips:
- Access the Academic Skills area on LearningSpace - familiarise yourself with what resources are available to help you with your academic work.
- Don't overload yourself with studying - allocate certain times and then take a break and do something different.
- Prioritise, plan and organise your deadlines will in advance - use a planner.
- Familiarise yourself with the referencing conventions at Marjon and use MARGen - the specifically designed referencing generator.
- Learn how to search for journals - ask the librarians.
Why not try:
- Writing a blog about your academic expectations.
- Forming a study group with other students on your course or booking a group session with Academic Skills which can be tailored to your needs.
- Using Twitter for hot links and lots of relelvent tips - @skillsacademic or for researching and following leaders in your field of study.
Essential information and resources:
LearningSpace > Student Support > Academic Skills
Planner to download - LearningSpace > Student Support > How to survive student life