Actors are preparing for an intense three weeks on the road as Plymouth theatre company The Actor's Wheel launch their first national UK tour. The company will visit venues in Bath, London, Cardiff and Manchester, starting and finishing in their home city Plymouth.
The Caucasian Chalk Circle is a re-telling of Brecht’s classic story of social injustice and refuge in the midst of a civil war, contemporised by a dynamic and inventive ensemble with live music and physical ingenuity.
Director Kevin Johnson explained: “This is a classic tale re-worked for a modern audience. The themes relate to the ongoing migrant crisis and holds symbolic political relevance.”
“In rehearsals the company have interrogated questions of border control, land ownership and division of wealth. The play is essentially a folk parable about motherhood and the two opposing forces of corruption and justice.”
He added, “Because of Brecht’s position on school syllabuses, we are actively welcoming school and college groups to engage with the work through reduced ticket offers and workshop opportunities with our actors.”
The Actor’s Wheel is fast developing a reputation for dynamic and visually captivating productions and The Caucasian Chalk Circle builds on this with an original score created by the company showcasing our actor’s versatility and range.
For more information and to book email email@example.com.
Plymouth (University of St Mark & St John)
- 18-20 May at 7:30pm at the Desmond Tutu Theatre
- Tickets: £8/£6 from firstname.lastname@example.org
- 1 June at 7:30pm at Jacksons Lane, Highgate
- Book online or call 020 8341 4421
- 2 June at 7:30pm and 3 June 2:00pm at Rondo Theatre
- Book online or call 0333 666 3366
- 9 June at 7:30pm at Z-Arts
- Book online or call 0161 232 6089
- 10 June at 7:30pm at the Gate Arts Centre
- Book online or call 029 2048 3344
- 11 June at 7:30pm at Barbican Theatre
- Book online or call 01752 267131
Back to Marjon News