Emergency Information

What to do if you are ill or have an accident

In an emergency 

Dial 0 to call the University of St Mark & St John Reception from a University phone, if no reply dial 2222 from a campus phone, (or extension 2222 from outside) to talk with the Porter on their mobile phone.

Dial 01752 636700 from outside the college.

Or you can use a pay phone (free call) or a mobile phone to call the police, ambulance or fire brigade.

Dial 999 for the Emergency Services

If you have called the Emergency Services and you are on the the University of St Mark & St John Campus then you must let the University Reception know so that they can direct them to you when they arrive.

Out of hours help 

If you need help but the International Office is closed then the person on duty at the University Reception will be able to help you, or you can talk to a doctor yourself by calling:

Devon-Doc:  01392-824600 or 0845 6710270

NHS Direct:  0845 4647 or www.nhsdirect.nhs.uk


Emergency Dentist:  0845 155 8070

(You can only visit the Emergency Dentist if you are in pain.  If you have a problem with your teeth that is not an emergency you should find a local dentist and make an appointment with them.  A list of local dentists can be found on the NHS Direct website)

If you cannot find anyone to help you can call the hospital: 

(01752) 202082/0845 1558155

During office hours:  Monday-Friday 8am - 5pm

If you are feeling unwell and need help please come to the International Office.

If you are staying in a homestay you should tell your host you feel unwell and you will be able to see their local doctor.  If you are staying in the UK for more than 6 months then you should have already registered with a local doctor and you will be able to see your own doctor.  The International Office will help you to do this when you arrive.