Payment of fees

How do I pay for tuition fees and accommodation costs?

If you are being sponsored by your government or other type of organisation, you are expected to provide satisfactory evidence of your sponsorship. If you are on a course for less than six months you will be expected to pay your invoice in full before the start date of your course.

If you are personally responsible for paying your tuition fee, you will be expected to pay your invoice in full on arrival or enter into a repayment agreement if you want to pay your tuition fee in termly instalments.

If you are only paying your accommodation fees, you will be expected to enter into a repayment agreement. This will be arranged during your one-to-one tutorial with Marjon's International Student Financial Adviser.

Methods of Payment

International currency transfer: If you choose to send money through a bank in your home country [an ‘International currency transfer’] directly into Marjon's account, please add £15 sterling to cover bank charges; this may help you to avoid further bank charges when the money reaches Marjon's bank account. You should keep a copy of the transaction note to bring with you. Please Contact us for more details on the University of St Mark & St John's bank account.

Credit card: We accept all major credit cards but not the American Express card. There is an additional charge of 3.5% for payment by credit card. International credit cards such as Visa and MasterCard are accepted by most shops and businesses in the UK .

Debit card: There is no extra charge by payment with debit card.  

Travellers cheques: We accept travellers cheques in pound sterling.

Please do not hesitate to Contact us if you want advice on which methods of payment is best for you. We will be very happy to help you in any way we can.