Telephone facilities

Telephone facilities

Receiving phone call

If you have a mobile phone which can work in the UK you will be able to make and receive phone calls easily, though this could be very expensive. A cheaper option is to buy a UK SIM card on arrival which you can top up with credit.

Whether you live on campus or with a Homestay Host, you will be able to receive phone calls from home. Please be considerate to others and make sure that people calling you from your home country are aware of the time difference with the UK.

How family and friends can contact you:

Receiving telephone calls on campus:

The University of St Mark & St John switchboard Number is

From outside the UK : +44 1752 636700

From inside the UK : 01752 636700

Receiving faxes on campus:

From outside the UK : +44 1752 636820

From inside the UK : 01752 636820

The extension number of your phone is on the socket on the wall.

Making a phone call

You can make phone calls from the payphone in the University of St Mark & St John, situated in the main reception area in front of the bookshop. This is convenient though it can be expensive.


You can use your computer to speak to friends and family in other parts of the world through VOIP programmes such as Skype (