You will take six modules each year:
- Principles & Practices of Safeguarding
- Language & Literacy Development
- Principles & Practice of Learning Support
- Child & Young Person Psycho-Social Development
- Reflective & Professional Practice
- Independent Enquiry: Knowledge & Practice
- Understanding & Managing the Learning of Children with Dyslexia, Dyspraxia and Asperger's Syndrome
- Principles & Practice of Behaviour Support
- Developing & Sustaining Learning in the Workplace 1
- Pedagogy & the Early Years Foundation Stage
- Leading Practice
This foundation degree is a great stepping stone for those already working as a teaching assistant who would like to further their career within education. It will give you a broad base of knowledge and understanding which will help you to further your career in many different areas of work, for example as a specialist learning support worker, or SEN teacher. Those successfully completing the Foundation Degree can apply to progress directly on to a top up honours year and from there on to on a postgraduate teaching qualification with qualified teacher status.
The Learning and Teaching FdA course is led by a multidisciplinary group of professionals, all active within the sector and possessing decades of experience. This enthusiastic, expert guidance puts students in a fantastic position to further their skills and increase their employability.