- Psycho-Social Development*
- Education:Origins, Ideas and Values*
- Primary Education Pedagogy and Curriculum*
- Education: Inclusion and Diversity*
- Engaging with Practice*
- How Children Learn to Read and Write*
- Key Thinkers in Education*
- Managing Difference: Inclusion and the Primary Classroom*
- Reseaching Education, Health and Welfare*
- Experiential Placement*
- Learning and Teaching*
- A Critical Understanding of Approaches to Numeracy
- Education and Society
- Inter-Professional Practice: Safeguarding
- Effective Group Work: Critical Practice for Social Change
- Independent Study
- Critical Perspectives on Families and Parenting
- Creativity in the Outdoors
- Issues in Educational Management
- Education Studies Dissertation.*
- Developing a Personal Philosophy of Education*
- Performativity, Accountability and Assessment
- Perspectives on Play and Learning
- Leadership and Management in Children's Services
- Experiential Placement
- Independent Study
- Global Education and Sustainabilit: Formal and Informal Learning and Change
On successful completion, our graduates will be equipped to engage with an increasing range of learning and employment opportunities associated with education although most will no doubt intend to go on to Primary Teaching through School Direct or PGCE.
Other opportunities open to graduates might include Early Years Education, Community Education, Youth Work, Children’s Workforce Professionals, Educational Management, Welfare and Administration, Library and Information Management Professionals, Language Analysts, the Media and Publishing – both in this country and internationally.
The understandings and skills developed during your time here will not limit you to these professions however, and we aim to ensure you develop the generic, holistic skills that employers are looking for in graduates of the twenty first century.
The course is conducted by Jan Gourd, Dr Colin Dawson and Suzanne Hope. The team is fully committed to bringing out the unique capabilities of each and every student, drawing on decades of classroom experience and wide-ranging research specialisms to deliver the richest experience possible.