The modules are:
- Engaging with Learning
- Introduction to Psychology
- Inclusion and Diversity
- Placement in a Primary School
- Children’s Literature and Drama in Education
- Primary Education
- Pedagogical Paradigms
- Critical Perspectives on Numeracy
- Researching Education
- Learning and Teaching
- Creativity in the Primary Classroom
- Education Project
- Global Education
- Developing a Personal Philosophy of Education
- Leadership and Quality in Education
- Mental Health Conditions in Young People
- The Economics of Education
On successful completion, our graduates will be equipped to engage with an increasing range of learning and employment opportunities associated with education although most will no doubt intend to go on to Primary Teaching through School Direct or PGCE.
Other opportunities open to graduates might include Early Years Education, Community Education, Youth Work, Children’s Workforce Professionals, Educational Management, Welfare and Administration, Library and Information Management Professionals, Language Analysts, the Media and Publishing – both in this country and internationally.
The understandings and skills developed during your time here will not limit you to these professions however, and we aim to ensure you develop the generic, holistic skills that employers are looking for in graduates of the twenty first century.