All modules are compulsory.
- Professional Studies & First Teaching Practice*
- Child Development & Early Learning*
- Foundations for Learning*
- Curriculum Studies: Foundation Subjects & RE*
- Professional Skills of the Teacher*
- Curriculum Studies: Core Subjects*
- Professional Studies: Developing as a Teacher*
- Inclusion & Primary Education*
- The Role of Play in Developing Learning*
- Second Teaching Practice*
- Managing Medium Term Teaching and Learning*
- Curriculum Studies: Developing Core Subject Knowledge*
- Planning the Early Years Curriculum*
- Curriculum Studies: Deepening Core Subject Understanding*
- Enhanced Placement.*
- Early Learning in a Nursery Setting*
- Final Teaching Practice*
- Enhancing the Role of the Early Years Specialist*
- Honours Level Dissertation*
The reputation of our trainees, both within and outside of immediate partnership schools in the South West, has resulted in high employability rates, with The University of St Mark and St John ‘seal of approval’ being recognised by headteachers across the country. Ofsted (2104) praised the University’s ‘effective use of local diversity and wider links which ensures trainees have breadth and variety in their training, so making them highly employable’. Many students undertake their teaching practices in London or abroad, therefore your qualification from The University of St Mark and St John will enable you to be a serious consideration for any first post.
Over 90% of our trainees go on to secure teaching posts locally, nationally or abroad which is above national rate and many have gone on to secure management and leadership positions. Others go on to further postgraduate study or research posts within Higher Education.