- Becoming a Teacher.
- Foundations in Physical Education.
- Athletic Activities in the National Curriculum for Physical Education.
- An Introduction to Anatomy, Physiology & Health.
- Outdoor and Adventurous Activities in Physical Education.
- Practical Aspects of Physical Education (Striking & Fielding, Target & Net Games).
- Pedagogical & Scientific Principles of Physical Education.
- Applying & Evaluating Pedagogical Principles.
- Curriculum & Pedagogy.
- Physical Education in Context.
- Scientific Aspects of Physical Education.
- Scientific & Social Aspects of Physical Education.
- Assessment & Wider-Curriculur Responsibilities.
- The Aesthetic Curriculum: Gymnastics & Dance.
- Invasion Games in the National Curriculum in Physical Education.
- Small Scale Enquiry.
- Secondary Education, Schools, Learners & Teachers.
- Developing Reflective Practice in Secondary Teachers.
- Current Ideas & Issues in Physical Education.
- Diversity in Physical Education.
The University of St Mark & St John is widely renowned for producing excellent teachers. We have superb links with our partnership schools throughout the South West and London. You will find many past University of St Mark & St John graduates teaching in a variety of schools across the country.
The quality of graduates is well recognised both locally and nationally and, as such, a very high proportion of graduates gain immediate employment or enrol on Masters programmes to further their studies.
This course is led by Julie Stevens, Jackie Arthur and Hannah Wood. Your course leaders will challenge, inspire and motivate you to be the best teacher you can be. The team comprises decades of hands-on teaching experience and extensive related research specialisms to deliver valuable knowledge and support to our trainees.