All modules are compulsory.
- Engaging with Learning: Physical Education
- Fundamental Movement Skills (FMS)
- Growth and Development
- International Studies in Sport and Physical Education
- Work-based Learning: Physical Education
- Research Methods
- Physical Education Through the Environment
- Pedagogy and Performance in Physical Education
- Planning and Assessment Through Physical Activity
- Honours Project
- Pedagogy in Practice
- Thematic Learning in Education
- Diversity in Physical Education
- Coaching Children in Sport
The course equips you for a variety of careers but in particular places you well to apply for the School Direct and PGCE routes into teaching. The content of the course develops a range of employability skills including Business and customer awareness, Problem solving, Communication and literacy, Application of numeracy, Application of information technology, positive professional attitude and enterprise and innovation which a can be applied to a wide range of careers.
Career paths include; formal and informal education, Coach Education, Sports Leadership/Management, Sports Coaching, Sports Development, or Postgraduate Studies e.g Masters or Research.
Led by Dr Gil Golder the course leaders are your support system throughout this three-year programme. With decades of experience and countless thought-provoking research specialisms, the PGCE PE team is passionate about developing each student’s individual skills, and turning out the next generation of truly outstanding teachers.