Director of School
Marjon Teacher Education Partnership
01752 636700 Ext:5638
• B.Ed Secondary Education with Physical Education.
• PGCE Secondary Education (all subjects)
• School Direct (all secondary Subjects and primary)
• MA Applied Professional Studies.
My approach to high quality teaching and learning:
• Underpinning philosophy of inclusive education showing strong professional values that respect individual learners and diverse learning communities.
• High quality of the design and planning of learning activities that are informed by my own and others research in the field.
• My drive for continued professional development to be at the forefront of pedagogic ideas and core knowledge underpinning my subject.
• My passion and enthusiasm for innovation showing the use and value of appropriate learning technologies.
Thriving as a Professional Teacher
Journal of Sport for Development
Golder G and Stevens J (2014) Beyond your Teacher Education in Learning to Teach Physical Education in Secondary School: A companion to school experience Editor Capel, S London, Routledge Falmer.
Golder G (2013) Overcoming Barriers and Maximising the achievement of all pupils chapter in Capel and Breckon 'A practical guide to teaching physical education in the secondary school 2nd Edition London, Routledge Falme.
Golder G (2010) Maintaining a Safe Teaching environment Chapter in Grout and Long (Eds) Improving Teaching and Learning in Physical Education Maidenhead: Open University Press.
• External Examiner – Bedford University B.Ed Secondary Physical Education (4 year with QTS) September 2011- 2014
• External examiner - University of Worcester BA Outdoor Adventure, leadership and Management September 2010 – September 2012
• External examiner - University of Worcester BSC Physical Education non QTS September 07 – September 2011
External validating and quality assurance
• External validation Panel Worcester University 2013
External Consultancy Activity and Grants
• Youth Sports Trust – Study of the success of Disability DFE project creating step-change in local infrastructure/disabled participation in sport(2012) Research grant in collaboration with Exeter University (40K)
• TTA funded research and conference– The use of ICT in Physical Education in the Exeter Initial Teacher Training Partnership 2005.
• Teach Agency Teaching Pupils with SEN and Disabilities – TDA Development Programme: ITT placements in specialist special education provision2007-2013 (10K annually)
• CPD communications member for South-West afPE management group 2008- present
• CPD consultancy – primary and secondary coordinator of PE CPD for Plymouth and Torbay LDA. July 2006 - 2012
• HE advisory group for the diploma 2009- 2011 Regional network lead for Sport and Active leisure Diploma 2009- 2011
• Building schools for the future Physical education and sport strategy group member 2009-2011
• Physical Education Secondary curriculum dissemination facilitator Jan 2008