Marjon Teacher Education Partnership
01752 636700 Ext:5638
• PGCE Secondary Education
• School Direct Secondary
My approach to high quality teaching and learning:
• Underpinning philosophy of inclusive education showing strong professional values that respect individual learners and diverse learning communities.
• High quality of the design and planning of learning activities that are informed by my own and others research in the field.
• My drive for continued professional development to be at the forefront of pedagogic ideas and core knowledge underpinning my subject.
• My passion and enthusiasm for innovation showing the use and value of appropriate learning technologies.
Millions Plus (2021) Supply and Demand
Millions Plus (2021) ITT Core Content Exemplar
Millions Plus (2020) The future of Initial Teacher Education: Living in the age of Covid-19 and beyond
Golder, Keyworth and Shaw (2019) Models of Mentoring Chapter in Capel and Lawrence (eds) Mentoring Physical Education Teachers in the secondary school London: Routledge
Golder, Arthur, Keyworth and Stevens (2019) Holding weekly briefings Chapter in Capel and Lawrence (eds) Mentoring Physical Education Teachers in the secondary school London: Routledge
Perry, J Golder, G and Lundie D (2018) Metacognition in schools: what does the literature suggest about the effectiveness of teaching metacognition in schools? Education Review
Golder G (2018) Creativity and Purpose in the Curriculum Chapter in Luke adn Gourd (eds) Thriving as a Professional Teacher Abingdon: David Fulton press
Beacom A and Golder G (2016) Developing Disability Sport: The case for a critical pedagogy Journal of Sport for Development
Golder G and Stevens J (2014) Beyond your Teacher Education in Learning to Teach Physical Education in Secondary School: A companion to school experience Editor Capel, S London, Routledge Falmer.
Golder G (2013) 3 is the magic number: preparing trainees to meet the SEND needs of all learners PE Matters.
Golder G (2013) Overcoming Barriers and Maximising the achievement of all pupils chapter in Capel and Breckon 'A practical guide to teaching physical education in the secondary school 2nd Edition London, Routledge Falme.
Golder G and Arthur J (2013) Viewing Physical Education from a different perspective chapter in Capel and Breckon 'A practical guide to teaching physical education in the secondary school 2nd Edition London, Routledge Falmer.
Golder G (2010) Maintaining a Safe Teaching environment Chapter in Grout and Long (Eds) Improving Teaching and Learning in Physical Education Maidenhead: Open University Press.
Chief external examiner ULC Secondary ITE
Advance HE Facililtator for Professional development course for External Examiners
Advance HE facilitator for Change Academy
External Consultancy Activity and Grants
• Youth Sports Trust – Study of the success of Disability DFE project creating step-change in local infrastructure/disabled participation in sport(2012) Research grant in collaboration with Exeter University (40K)
• TTA funded research and conference– The use of ICT in Physical Education in the Exeter Initial Teacher Training Partnership 2005.
• Teach Agency Teaching Pupils with SEN and Disabilities – TDA Development Programme: ITT placements in specialist special education provision2007-2013 (10K annually)