Skip to main content Accessibility information

Study abroad

The Study Abroad scheme is designed to allow overseas students to study at Plymouth Marjon University for the autumn or spring semester or the whole academic year. On completion of Study Abroad programme participants are awarded credits which may be transferred to their home university. If your home University does not have any agreement with us you are still eligible to apply to the Study Abroad programme. We also provide supervised and supported School Experience placements for small groups of students from overseas universities for periods of 4 weeks to a semester. These are "projectisted" arrangements organised on an institution-to-institution agreement basis.

  • A full year on a study abroad' programme equates to 120 UK CAT (Credit Accumulation and Transfer) points. This is 6 full-time modules. A one semester programme of 3 modules is 60 points. 
  • In the European credit system (ECTS), six full-time modules equates to 60 ECTS and three modules to 30 ECTS credits.
  • In the USA six modules equates to 24 to 30 credits and three modules to 12 to 15 credits.
  • The student’s home university will need to determine whether, and to what extend, credit is given for modules taken at Plymouth Marjon University.

Studies at the University comprise lectures, seminars, workshops, professional attachment and studio work. Students are expected to spend a substantial amount of time working independently on studies and research, with significant reading and writing demands. Module assessment may include a combination of extended pieces of writing, independent study modules and essay type examinations. On successful completion of the designated programme of study, an academic transcript will be issued.

How to Apply

Application for the autumn/fall semester (September – mid-January) should be submitted by 30th of April each year. Application for the Spring Semester (mid-January – early June) should be submitted by 30th of October each year.

Please contact Faye Hatherley-Edwin for an application form. You also need a reference form which your study abroad advisor will need to complete and mail it to us.