Skip to main content Accessibility information

Replacement certificates and transcripts

As a Marjon alumnus, you can apply for a variety of documents relating to your studies here:

  • Duplicate Certificate - available for students who registered for an award in the academic year 2008/2009 onwards. Students registered before this date should apply directly to the University of Exeter.
  • Transcript details study dates, the modules studied, marks and credits awarded. 
  • Course descriptors provide syllabus information at a module level. 
  • Verification Letter - verifies the dates of your study, your award and classification. It is printed on letter-headed paper and signed by the Awards and Conferment's Coordinator. 
  • Certified Copy of an Award Certificate - for students who registered for an award for the academic year 2008/2009 onwards. This is a black and white photocopy of your certificate which has been stamped and signed by the Registry as an authentic copy.   You will need to send the original certificate to us, this will be returned with the copy.



Cost per item 

Replacement Certificate 


Additional copy of certificate 


Certified copy of certificate 


Electronic transcript (pre-2001) 


Replacement printed transcript (Post-2001) 


Replacement printed transcript (Pre-2001) 


Course descriptors (from academic year 2001/02 onwards) 


Course descriptors (before academic year 2001/02) 


Verification letter (academic year 2000/01 or later) 


Verification letter (before academic year 2000/01) 


Courier charge for non-UK addresses 


There will be a charge for a replacement certificate, unless your request qualifies for a free replacement under our ‘Transgender, gender diverse and non-binary policy’ – please see here for further details: University strategies & policies | Plymouth Marjon University


To request documents, please complete the application form.  When you have submitted your form, we will check availability of the information requested and contact you regarding payment.

From Monday, 14th November, we will be implementing an on-line payment portal and instructions will be provided.

If you have any queries, please email

If your degree was awarded by the CNAA you will need to contact the Open University for a replacement certificate.

Open University Validation Services
The Open University
Walton Hall
Milton Keynes
Tel:  +44 (0)1908 332851 / 52
Fax: +44 (0)1908 332841