- Research 1: The investigative journalist
- Journalism production 1: Recording the story
- Written journalism 1: The power of the word
- Live news 1: Get your mojo on
- Journalism production 2: Words and pictures
- Media law and the ethical journalist
- Research 2: Curious and creative
- Radio journalism: More than words
- Written journalism 2: Making Sound
- Learn to earn: Placement and proactivity
- Live news 2: Lights, camera, action!
- Visual journalism: Digital storytelling
- Honours project: The finished product
- TV journalism: The bigger picture
- Live news 3: The cutting edge
- Magazine journalism: The summer issue
- Marketing and PR: The buzz-feeder
We encourage students to make great contacts through our guest lecture programme and work-based learning. Our graduates have gained employment with Two Four, Channel 4, the BBC, The Herald and a variety of online platforms. Their jobs include newspaper journalist, broadcast journalist and content producer and others enter marketing and PR roles.
Employability workshops, mentoring and work experience opportunities are offered, we know from working with and speaking to prospective employers that they like graduates to be well qualified and experienced. We give our students opportunities both in-house and externally to apply the skills and knowledge learnt within the programme.
Sarah McAdam is a photographer with a wide range of experience from shooting bands and gigs, documentary projects and editorial material for magazines. Her specialism is in documentary and she is currently undertaking a practice-based PhD which focuses on documentary photography and sound as a way of telling stories. "Ultimately what we expect our students to engage in is story telling and understanding how to tell stories in an engaging and creative way is a really enjoyable part of my job."