All modules are compulsory:
- Research 1: The investigative journalist
- Journalism production 1: Recording the story
- Written journalism 1: The power of the word
- Live news 1: Get your mojo on
- Journalism production 2: Words and pictures
- Media law and the ethical journalist
- Research 2: Curious and creative
- Radio journalism: More than words
- Written journalism 2: Making Sound
- Learn to earn: Placement and proactivity
- Live news 2: Lights, camera, action!
- Visual journalism: Digital storytelling
- Honours project: The finished product
- TV journalism: The bigger picture
- Live news 3: The cutting edge
- Magazine journalism: The summer issue
- Marketing and PR: The buzz-feeder
We encourage students to make great contacts through our guest lecture programme and work-based learning and have gained employment with Two Four, Channel 4, the BBC, The Herald and a variety of online platforms. Students have also gone on to work within associated careers such as production, editing, PR, communications and marketing.
Employability workshops, mentoring and work experience opportunities are offered and encouraged throughout the programme, we know from working with and speaking to prospective employers that they like graduates to be well qualified and experienced. We give our students opportunities both in-house and externally to apply the skills and knowledge learnt within the programme.